Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Have I mentioned that I have no CONTROL?!


I have no idea if any of you have experienced this yet, but if you have kids you will soon enough. I have worked diligently to train my tongue NOT to curse around my children and to sensor what is not age appropriate...however...one little trip to the Lake of the Ozarks and Luca has begun a whole new chapter. The other day after having to get some allergy shots, he got a dumdum sucker to reward his vanlient bravery. After a few lick she turned it around and began puffing on it like a cigarette!!!!! He said he wanted to be like Uncle Tom...WHAT? He is three, UGH! Then, within days, he was coming out of the playroom to get his diaper changed and he tripped on a block. Without missing a beat he stood up and said, "Shit, I tripped on a block, mom, Shit!"


I SO have my work cut out for me, and I am glad that God is in charge here, because I am at a loss! When you have a late talker you get used to control...and it is between the giggles and laughs that I try to hide when he says some of the things he says that I am thankful that I have an observant and wonderful little boy that is keepin' it real for me! So, pray for me to keep a straight face as a tackle this round of, "That is not okay!"

No comments: